Welcome to the Rollercoaster: A Look Back at 2022 and 2023. Greetings from the rollercoaster ride that is life! 🎢 Let’s take a whirlwind tour through the highs, lows, and exhilarating loops that made up my 2022 and 2023 – a journey that has moulded me into a better partner, a better father, and an all-around more grateful human. An Unforgettable Experience: Leading Team Canada in Beijing So, picture this: Leading Team Canada as the Chef de Mission at the…
Josh is a Passionate, Unconventional and Widely Celebrated Keynote Speaker
His raw approach to sharing stories is refreshing and takes you through the natural cadence of life, exploring the peaks and valleys of the human experience.
His incredible success in sport has inspired him to explore the depth of his own humanity, which he shares with grace and humility. His candid observations will have you on the edge of your seat and the cusp of tears.
- Josh Dueck is a champion in two respects. He has been victorious at the highest level of sport. Beyond that, he champions the belief that sport can have a tremendous impact on a person's life. He is courageous, inspirational and exceptionally talented. Josh Dueck is also a human being who understands the power of the competitive spirit. He is a leader who champions the potential which exists in all of us.
- “Dear Josh: Thank you for the outstanding job you did as Keynote Speaker at our 2015 Conference . Your presentation was highly engaging and truly inspirational. The feedback from the conference attendees was very positive, and your post-conference survey score indicates that you were our top rated Keynote Speaker of the past 5 years."
- "It was an absolutely pleasure to hear you speak this afternoon. Thank you so much for spending the time with us and bringing us into and along with you on what has been a remarkable journey. What I hoped for this afternoon was for our staff to understand the importance of the work they do, and the importance of understanding the difficult and very often tragic events that bring our clients through our front door. And my, did you ever deliver. I overheard someone commenting to you that one of the most powerful messages you gave her was the importance of providing our clients with hope, and that she will take this into every conversation she has with injured workers in the future. I also overheard that 'that was the best talk I have had in a professional setting, ever.' I could not agree more. Thank you so much for spending time with us."
- "On January 18, 2018 Josh Dueck was our featured keynote speaker at Do You Believe in Magic? a gala dinner at SilverStar Mountain Resort. The event was sponsored by the non-profit Silver Star Dreamweavers Society to raise funds for Silver Star Fire and Rescue. Josh held the audience of 200 spellbound with his personal inspirational story, the value of the Silver Star community and positive messages for the future. His relaxed and confident manner, along with the warmth of his personality, combined to create a wonderful presentation in which he interacted with and formed a connection with the audience. He was extremely easy to work with and generous with his time to speak with people before and after his presentation. I have also enjoyed watching Josh hold large theatre audiences spellbound as he MC’d various events at the Banff Mountain Book and Film Festival over the years. His sense of humour and knowledge of outdoor pursuits make him a good choice for any mountain themed event. I would welcome the chance to work with Josh any time in the future."
- "We asked Josh to speak at our Managers conference, our first time ever bringing a speaker in. Leading up to the meetings, Josh was excellent to deal with and tailored his message to maximize impact with our audience. Josh’s story is truly amazing, inspiring and motivating. He is an excellent storyteller that completely engages the audience as they were hanging onto his every word. What our managers took away from his story would be hard to duplicate in any other way. Thank you for making our meeting an overwhelming success!!"
BiG LOVE to Ryan Leier and company at One Lions Yoga for sharing their love for humanity and curiosity from the MIND BODY relationship; it has been a humbling, eye-opening experience to join them and many other aspiring yogis on a 40 day Sadhana. Be sure to check out One Lions Yoga for a full summary of the daily offerings that motivated and inspired me to become a little bit better every day. My commitment to this program has sobered…
Triumph Through Tragedy
From humble beginnings in a small mountain town to casually sitting on top of every major podium, from the Paralympics to the X Games, this story of triumph through tragedy is anything but conventional. Inspired by a generation of mountain enthusiasts before him, it became clear to Josh from an early age that he would dedicate his life to the sport he loved, freestyle skiing. After a tragic accident on skis in 2004 Josh was given a choice; wallow in misery or shift his perception of how one can move through the mountains.
Team Canada Chef de Mission, Beijing 2022 Canadian Paralympic Hall of Fame, Class of 2019 BC Sports Hall of Fame, Class of 2018 2014 Paralympic Gold Medalist Team Canada Flag Bearer, Sochi 2014 2014 and 2010 Paralympic Silver Medalist 2012 National Geographic Adventurer of the Year 2012 X Games Bronze Medalist 2011 X Games Gold Medalist Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Recipient First person to perform a backflip on a sit-ski
Team Canada Chef de Mission, Beijing 2022
Canadian Paralympic Hall of Fame, Class of 2019
BC Sports Hall of Fame, Class of 2018
2014 Paralympic Gold Medalist
Team Canada Flag Bearer, Sochi 2014
2014 and 2010 Paralympic Silver Medalist
2012 National Geographic Adventurer of the Year
2012 X Games Bronze Medalist
2011 X Games Gold Medalist
Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Recipient
First person to perform a backflip on a sit-ski
Continued Empowerment & Growth
Inspired by the works of the non-profit foundations he is a part of, Josh and his wife Lacey strive to redefine the rehabilitation process for those living with life altering injury. A blended approach of mentorship opportunities; one part empowerment through adventure aligned with a learning component grounded in mindfulness techniques and yoga. The goal is to create a safe environment that celebrates growth and healing for those living with life altering injury.